Monday, July 2, 2012

Let's Listen : Lenka - Sad Song - Song Review

by Chayathorn Chinnawong


       My first blog I want to make happiness for you so I pick and choose one of my happy song lists for review. Hope you guys enjoy!!





                  


        Sad Song by Lenka


        The Big World Rating :  

        Review by : Chayathorn131, The Big World





"Sad Song" is not kind of song that will make you cry like the title but this easy pop song by Australian artist,Lenka is fulfilled with upbeat lyric ,sounds of electronic pop and catchy melody. No powerful voice like a big singer it is just cute voice that whenever you feel so down "Sad Song" will make you get better.


From above,the most i like is Lenka's philosophical lyric style.With the hook "Sing me a sad song and make me feel better; sing me a happy song and I might start to cry.” Its touched me so bad because when i was sad i tried to listen a lot of happy songs but they did not make me feel better and i just think,yeah it's so real! The song shows everything has two sides and can be upsidedown. "Sad Song" is kind of a happy song but sad at the same time. So,where do you consider it to be?


Pros.   
            1.Easy listening
            2.Lenka's electronic pop song style 
            3. philosophical lyric


Cons.   
            1. Its a simple vocal


Description
            • Written by Lenka 
            • Produced by David Costen 
            • Label : Epic Records


Guide Review : Lenka - "Sad Song" 

Lenka is previously known in Australia as an actress but she has been doing good job in her music career as a singer and songwriter who produced a lot of good songs. Her first hit "The Show" from her first album ‘Lenka’ was a success as it was featured as the soundtrack for Tv commercial promos and movies. 


In her second album “Two” has first official single of the album "Heart Skips a Beat" that sounds like "Sad Song", “Everything at Once”, "Roll with the Punches" and other tracks that have small of Pop , Electronic pop and Indies pop. Moreover, the tracks from “Two” album has a lot of meaningful lyrics, easy to listen to Lenka’s lovely voice. That is the reasons i want to recommend “Two” as the album you should listen to.


Especially the single "Sad Song" as i recommended above. Just enjoy the song and you will love Lenka and her song.


Here're song from album "Two"


  1. Lenka - Heart Skips A Beat
  2. Lenka - Here To Stay

21 comments:

  1. I love Lenka!!!
    She is a good singer that make a song different from someone else. As u see she can make a "sad song" to be a happy song, make a happy song to be a gibe. Thunb up for her.
    Neway,this song is a sad good song. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love her voice and her style singing! and I agree with you that Lenka album has a lot of meaningful lyrics.
    For me, I prefer 'Trouble Is A Friend' .. I know it quite old but like you says the lyrics is meaningful. X)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I liked the review. It was very well written and helpful. I wouldn't have guessed that you're Thai because the English is almost perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Ross for visit my first blog

      And thx for the compliment i ll try my best:)

      Delete
  4. I really love Lenka!!
    This song will be my favorite one after i liked "The show" and "trouble is a friend" so much.
    Her song has meaningful lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Show is her master piece

      you should try to listen the left songs of "Two" album

      all is awesome :)

      Delete
  5. I like her voice. She has her own style of singing.
    Thank you for your suggestion ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya her voice make me feel comfort

      thx for comment too

      Delete
    2. It is so tuneful.
      I love her voice since the first time I listen her songs.

      Delete
  6. Its not a sad song its a happy song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nice blog though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah maybe its true.

      Thx for comment

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely agree with all the above comments as fact !!!
    this song is one of my favorite songs and when i like a song, i always repeat it again again and again sometimes all day haha
    Met 107 played "The show" song while i was reading this review lol

    anyway, I love everything about Lenka and i like your 1st review too. it's good review. :)
    Many thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually the song is not that sad,i like the way she sings ,its different .special thanks for your review its really helpful and nice work

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Sing me a sad song and make me feel better
    Sing me a happy song and I might start to cry
    Because everything feels like it's going around in circles
    And everyone knows that the world is upside down"

    Surely, I agree with this song, i like it
    I like her style, her voice

    everytime, i listen the song by Lenka, i feel i am relaxing
    or running though wind on the beach haha (just only me)

    however, this song is so good both sound and meaning

    thanks for your review. Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't wonder why most of her songs are very sweet. Her voice's so uniqe. Thanks for sharing i think i've got a new favorite song:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This song is out of this world.I listen to her song for the first time,she's got a unique voice and style.It is well composed and sang with meaningful words.
    Thanks for the review,i found it very helpful and informative.Nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed reading your review and description of Lenka and her style. Although I don't really listen to this type of music I did like the song.Well done.

    ReplyDelete