Monday, July 16, 2012

Let's Read : The Day You Sleep Away - Book Review



by Waranyoo Jaturabhat



       
          Hi everyone!  Are you enjoying my first review?  Anyway let's leave that topic behind because today book gonna talk about LOVE!  Have you ever heard the story about Snow White before?  After Snow White bite an apple, she sleeping away and waiting for the prince to kiss her lips and wake her up.  It seems all the fairy tale must have an ending with happiness, right?  but this book is difference. Although you will never found the quote "Mirror mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all" in this book but trust me you will enjoying in this story as much as the Snow White story. 




                 
                     
               Book : The Day You Sleep Away
               Author : Tripuck Supawattana
               Publisher : LET'S Comic
               Page : 240 pages
               Price : 200 Bath
               Rating :  



       
       Summary : The book tell story in the day that Snow White sleeping away but it's not the same as you used to know because in this story the prince isn't come in time and he is not the one and only who can wake Snow White up.  Moreover, all living thing in this story have fallen in love with Snow White and they want to possess Snow White with them to the end of life.  So they started to fight and fight each other but finally after Snow White woke up the story has changed forever.    


       Social Context : Until now, there are nobody can explain the real meaning or a definition of 'Love' then the writer wanted to share his opinion and experience about love that he has passed.  So, he use the plot of the Snow White story and then bringing all living thing in the story to representing many kind of love that does exist.  In addition, the writer also said that the reason why he chose the Snow White story because Snow White can represent to the word 'Beautiful' and he thought that beautiful is cause of love.      


       Writing Style : This story is half fairy tale and half article but don't worry about the language, it's simple and quite easy to understanding.  However it will better if you keep thinking about it while you are reading.  The book divide into five main chapters for the story and more than three chapters for talk about connection between Love & Beautiful.   Anyway because this book is kind of fairy tale book, the writer add some painting pictures that painted by the writer.  So, you will enjoy with both of story and painting pictures.


       My Thoughts : This story was an amazing one and I think who's love surprises story may like this book.  Anyway, for me I spent more than a week to finish this book because while I read it I have to stop and thinking about it.  I didn't mean the story is difficult to understanding but for honesty I'm the one who didn't have much experience in love so it quite hard for me to get the feeling from many kind of love in this book.  

       
          Now, It's time for you to check it out.  Like I said before, if you are surprises story's lover this book is recommended.  Hope you enjoy my second book reviews.  Don't forget! feel free to ask if you have any question of this book, I'll do my best to answer all of your questions.  Thanks for reading and sharing your comment, see you next book ;)


Resource :


10 comments:

  1. Waranyoo, you are a very good book reviewer. I am interested in both books you have reviewed, I'm just sad that I can't read Thai.

    Have you read any English books that you can review for next time? Just a request..not a requirement. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ajarn Jon but for honesty an English book that I have read are only Study books. LOL

      Delete
  2. every book you review always interests me!!

    I might like this book because i like Snow white and i want to read it in the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with Panada very much
    Just reading book's summary, i want to know and read more ><

    Do you forget something? lol
    Can't wait next book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I forget it! 555
      Could you please tell me what I've forgot? :)

      Delete
  4. such an interesting book

    made me want to read

    awesome.review !

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very interesting indeed. I feel I want to try reading it after I just read Summary Part.
    I think this book will give many thoughts and idea when readers will have finished reading.
    Thank you for your interesting review. I will check it out in book store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to read this book but it's so freakin sleepy book for me, sorry :(
    it weird also=='
    but u such a good reviewer as Jon said, thanks for charing

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really good reviewer, you make me would like to read this book.
    I think if i read it, it's will make me know more love
    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to read this book and fall in love it
    it make me think more than before

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete